Cookie Dough Truffles would make a perfect gift for any lovable cookie monster in your life (such as husbands, children, Santa-Clause, and blue furry creatures). And the recipe itself has all it all: it’s easy, doesn’t require any baking, and has the tastiness of cookie dough without the worry of raw eggs. On top of everything, it has a delicious crunchy exterior of crushed chocolate chip cookies. In a fun twist, it’s a little bit like a deconstructed/reconstructed cookie!
Cookie Dough Truffles
Yield: 25-30 truffles
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
3/4 c. light brown sugar
4 tbsp. butter, softened at room temperature
1/4 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. flour
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
1 c. finely crushed chocolate chip cookies
1) In a mixer, combine the sugar and butter until soft.
2) Add the whipping cream, salt and vanilla extract, and stir until well mixed.
3) With the mixer still running, add the flour and stir until fully incorporated.
4) Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
5) Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until dough has hardened.
6) Roll chunks of dough into 1″ balls.
7) Gently press each ball into the finely crushed cookies and roll around to fully cover the surface area.
Place each truffle in a mini cupcake liner and package together in a round cookie tin. Decorate with a bow and adorn with a gift label.