Pumpkin seeds, also known as “pepitas”, are a delicious snack when roasted. To make them even more addictive, try baking them with a dill flavored spice mixture. Packaged up in a nice little tin, this is a great food gift for someone on the go (assuming you don’t eat them up first!).
Dill Flavored Pumpkin Seeds
Yield: 2 cups
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
2 c. raw pumpkin seeds*
1 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tbsp. dried dill
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1) Preheat oven to 325 F and prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with foil.
2) In a bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds in melted butter.
3) Sprinkle the remaining seasonings over the seeds and stir until until evenly coated.
4) Spread the seeds in an even layer on the cookie sheet.
5) Bake for 15 minutes, stir, then bake for another 15 minutes (or until seeds are slightly browned).
6) Turn off heat and allow to sit in the oven for 15 minutes.
* Chef’s Note: This recipe will taste best with pumpkin seeds that are not rinsed when removed from a pumpkin. Do brush out the pumpkin fibers though!
Place the seeds in a little tin with a descriptive label. This will make for a portable little gift that someone can enjoy while on the road, at the office or anywhere else in between.