Who can resist the combination of cinnamon and sugar nestled among the buttery crisp of a flaky pastry? When making these goodies, keep your life simple by using the store-bough puff pastry. That way, you can put more energy into the self-restraint that will be required when you get the urge to eat the entire batch up yourself!
Yield: 30 pastries
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cinnamon Twist Sticks
1 10″ x 15″ sheet (9 oz./250 g.) puff pastry, thawed
1 tbsp. flour (for dusting)
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp.light brown sugar
1 tbsp. white sugar
1 egg yolk
1) Preheat oven to 400 F / 200 C. Place a layer of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and reserve.
2) On a lightly floured surface, unroll puff pastry and brush with butter.
3) Sprinkle surface with cinnamon and sugars.
4) Cut pastry into 30 even strips (about 5 x 1″ wide).
5) Holding each end of a strip, gently twist the pastry into a spiral and lay down on the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
6) Brush the top of each pastry with egg yolk.
7) Bake for 15 minutes or until surface is golden.
Play up the elegant stature of these pastries by placing them in a pretty cup decorated in ribbon. Not only will this highlight their deciousness, but it will also make them easy to grab and devour!