Imagine if your name was “Peanut Butter Bacon Cookie.” Iâ€™m pretty certain you would be quite popular, considering almost everyone I know likes peanut butter, bacon, and cookies. And the combination of all three is spectacular: the crunchy salty bacon complements the sweet nutty flavor of the PB. While itâ€™s no diet food, itâ€™s insanely delicious. This cookie would definitely help you make an outstanding introduction while meeting new people at a party.
Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
Yield: 24 cookies
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
1/2 lbs. (225 g.) Â sliced bacon
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. butter
1 egg, scrambled
1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1) Lay bacon in a single layer on a foil-lined sheet pan and place in a cold oven. Set oven to 400F and allow to bake for 25-30 minutes until crispy, flipping halfway through. When done, allow to cool and chop up the bacon into small bits. Reserve both the bacon bits and bacon drippings (there should be about 1/4 c.) on the bottom of the tray.
2) Make a dry mixture by combining the flour, baking soda, baking power, and salt. Reserve.
3) Separately, make a wet mixture of by mixing together the sugar, peanut butter, bacon drippings, butter and egg.
4) Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined (do not over mix). Fold in the bacon bits.
5) Cover and refrigerate dough until firm, about 2 hours.
6) Preheat oven to 375F.
7) On an un-greased cookie sheet, place 1 inch balls of dough 3 inches apart, and flatten dough with a fork (to make a cris-cross pattern).
8) Bake for 9-10 minutes until slightly brown.
9) Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and place on wire rack.
Have some fun with the packaging! Use a paper bag lined with wax or parchment paper, and stick a “Hello my name is” label on it from a stationary store. Who could resist not wanting to meet the cookies inside?